Improving the support for older people with learning disabilities and behaviours that challenge, family and professional carers, and end of life care planning for carers
This project is led by Oxford University and Open University, and funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR 129491).
Kingston & St George’s University will host Work Package 4, led by Professor Irene Tuffrey-Wijne:
Work Package 4 – Investigate, co-produce and test a family based support programme to help families living with older people with learning disabilities to prepare for parental loss, transitions in care, and end-of-life care for carers.
The Project runs from September 2020 to February 2023.
- Further details about the entire project can be found on the Growing Older, Planning Ahead Project Website
- Further details about Work Package 4: here
- Easy-read information about Work Package 4: here
We are currently looking for:
- people with learning disabilities (aged 40+) who live at home with their parent(s)
- parents and siblings of people with learning disabilities (aged 40+) who live at home with their parent(s)
If that describes you, we would like to talk to you about your experiences, worries and hopes. If you are interested in finding out more, please contact Becky Anderson by emailing email@example.com or telephone 07942 265707.
These short films tell you more about it.
FOR PEOPLE WITH LEARNING DISABILITIES:
FOR PARENTS / SIBLINGS:
FOR PEOPLE WITH LEARNING DISABILTIES